This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Copying Property Value

2 replies to this topic

jdm

jdm
  • Full Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 20:23

I have a property that is used for product branding, which means that the developer can change it as needed for compiling, but it need to be static when the installation is run.

I have a 2nd property that is used in a dialog. I would lik the default of this property to be the same as the product branding property, but the user can change this property's value at run-time.

So, right now I have Property Name _BRAND with Value ABC. I want to be able to create a Property named _ININAME that has the same value as _BRAND. That way, I only need o change the value of _BRAND when I compile the installation and the value of _ININAME will be the same as _BRAND.

So, how do I assign the value of one property to another property?

Thanks
Death is conquered while you slumber
Seven is the perfect number

jdm

jdm
  • Full Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 20:44

OK, I figured this out, you can't do it they way I wanted to do it.

Instead, I create a new Custom Action type "Set a property" . The Property Name field is the value of the 2nd property and Property Value is the name of the 1st (static) property. Works like a champ.
Death is conquered while you slumber
Seven is the perfect number

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 21:23

Yes, that's the way to do it. Remember to add it to the InstallExecuteSequence and not just the GUI sequence in case your setup is installed silently.
Regards
-Stein Åsmul