This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

DestinationFolder Dialog and ICE-45

3 replies to this topic

kgiloo

kgiloo
  • Full Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 11:44

[BASIC MSI]

I added a simple text field to the Destination Dialog and got the following warning:

SDEV : warning ICE45: Row 'DestinationFolder.DestFolder' in table 'Control' has bits set in the 'Attributes' column that are reserved. They should be 0 to ensure compatability with future installer versions. Control Attributes DestinationFolder DestFolder

What's wrong? And how can I repair that?

kgiloo

kgiloo
  • Full Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 11:47

I omitted to say that the DestFolder is the icon.

kgiloo

kgiloo
  • Full Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 15:01

The actual attribute value was '5767169'.
I replaced it by '5242881' which was probably the original value and it built without warning.
My assumption is that the value of the icon attributes has changed after having customized the destination dialog but I don't know for which reason.

Zweitze

Zweitze
  • Full Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 23:22

I noticed the same behavior. It's a bug in InstallShield (at least v.11), which occurs when you create a new Icon control on a dialog:

In the Attributes field of that control, flag msidbControlAttributesIcon (0x00080000) is set. This particular flag is only valid for CheckBox, PushButton and RadioButtonGroup controls. In other words: it is NOT valid for Icon controls.

I have no idea why InstallShield sets this flag, but you should clear it.