This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

New Product Code And New Package Code

1 reply to this topic

JohnWu

JohnWu
  • Full Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 September 2003 - 07:15

Hi, I'm making a new project that's similar to a project I already have. So I first made a copy of the project I have, changed the product name, version number, made links to correct source files, and changed the script for installing the new product. Then I also generated a new product code and a new package code. Finally I built a release. The installation for the first time had a problem. At the beginning of the installation, it displayed a message and aborted the installation. The message was about that it was the first time writing to a log file, and had the date and time at that time on it. However when I installed for the second time, that message did not show up and the installation was OK. When I tried to install on a different computer, the same thing happened again. Would anyone please tell me what need to be done after generating a new product code and a new package code? Thank you.

JohnWu

JohnWu
  • Full Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 October 2003 - 09:15

Hi, I finally found out what happened. (Actually I was building a French version of the new product. I didn't know this has to do with languages, so I didn't mention it in my post to keep it simple.) What happened was when I was building the release, in the Release Wizard --> Setup Languages dialog box --> Included Release Languages list box, I selected both French (Canada) and French (France). Therefore the installation was like installing two different products with the same Product ID. After I tried making a new release build with selecting only French (France), the installation was OK.