This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

silent installation of JRE

2 replies to this topic

murali_s

murali_s
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 11:26

Hi,
I am trying to write a Install Script Project that will install JRE in silent mode. I dont want the Licesence information also to come, which asks the user to accept the License. The following the program.
[code=auto:0]
#define COMMANDLINE_FOR_JRE "/s CUSTOM=0"
function silentInstallation()
NUMBER nResult;
STRING pathOfSetup;
begin
ParsePath(pathOfSetup, PACKAGE_LOCATION, PATH);
nResult = LaunchAppAndWait(pathOfSetup + "\\jre-1_5_0_07-windows-i586-p.exe", COMMANDLINE_FOR_JRE, LAAW_OPTION_WAIT);
SprintfBox(INFORMATION, "Info ", "Result %d", nResult);
end;

NOTE: I have the JRE in the same location as SETUP location.

the website of SUN mentions that if CUSTOM=1 is specified the install will prompt the user for accepting the license information. So I have logically assumed that CUSTOM=0 means that no license information will also be prompted. I might be wrong here.

Additionally I have observed that when I give #define COMMANDLINE_FOR_JRE "/s" the install works fine, but prompts for license information.

Could some one give me hint as how to overcome this problem.

With Regards
Murali

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 17:21

To me this doesn't look like a InstallShield problem but a question you should ask Sun (look in thier support site or ask in their forum or contact their support). I don't know the command line parameters for the JRE redistributable package.

murali_s

murali_s
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 03:21

Hi Stefan,
Thanks, after some hit and trial I got the commands to be passed in the right order.

With Regards
Murali