This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Launching another product installation within my install

3 replies to this topic

kris

kris
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 07 August 2001 - 18:59

I am writing an install for a product which needs to have other software products already installed on the target system (for example, MySQl).

So, I have written an InstallScript  Custom Action which checks to see if MySQL is installed on the system.  I also have created a CA which "Launches an executable" (the MySQL setup.exe installation file.  So, I insert my Custom actions after the "InstallFinalize" action, so the sequence order is as follows:

InstallFinalize
InstallScript CA
CA to launch the executable.

Okay, that's fine.  But if my InstallScript code determines that MySQl has ALREADY been installed on the system, how do I let me second CA know this, so it won't run the executable?  (Can I create an MSI "condition" that  I can set for the second CA's condition field??)

As an alternative I tried in my InstallScript CA to call "LaunchAppAndWait" on the MySQL setup exectuable file....but this just LAUNCHES the MySQL setup.exe, and the rest of the installation of my product continues, while the MySQl install is running. This is not what I want....because not only am I required to have MySQl installed, but 2 other products as well.....so, if I put in 3 CA's to launch installation exectuables  or .msi's, then I will have 3 installs running at once......not one waiting for the completion of another!!!!

Can anyone help?  Please?  : )  

Thanks,
Kris

kris

kris
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 10 August 2001 - 14:19

Okay, me again.  Instead of doing what I thought, you can add values to the AppSearch and RegLocator tables to create a new condition that is set if the specified registry keys are found.

Works great!!!!!!!!!!!  

Irina

Irina
  • Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 10 August 2001 - 14:27

Hi kris,
I think you can set MSI property  in your first CA, and execute the second custom action conditionaly, i.e MYSQL=1.