This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Exiting out of installation

2 replies to this topic

its_me

its_me
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 October 2003 - 10:31

Hi,

I want to exit out of the installation in a certain condition.
For eg. Checking the OS.
I am putting the code for the Checking of OS/locale in a MSI based dll and placing it in the sequence in such a way that it appears before any other installation screen starts.

I am returning the ERROR_INSTALL_FAILURE, but then this brings up the Setup Error dialog. I do not want to show this dialog but some other customized dialog of my own and then exit.

Is there any way I can do this??

Or Is there a silent exit by which no screens from the installer are shown to the user on exit. I can put my own dialog in the MSI Dll.

Thanks

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 30 October 2003 - 05:57

I think by default, Windows installer will pop up an error box when a custom action returns an error.

What your could do is run your custom action, and let the custom action set a property, BUT always return success.

You can then have the dialog logic look at this property and show the correct dialog when the property is set to the correct value.

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 13 November 2003 - 19:57

Yeah, in the Custom Actions view in Installshield, select the custom action in question and set the Return Processing to "Synchronous (Ignores exit code)". This will prevent Windows Installer from aborting the setup regardless of what the custom action returns.

Note! If you want the custom action to be able to abort the setup, then you of course need to check the exit code!
Regards
-Stein Åsmul