This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

SQL Script

3 replies to this topic

vijijs

vijijs
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 12:21

I have a project requirement to run a sql script that creates tables, indexes, sequeces, triggers, procedures and then inserts some master records in the created table for the oracle database while installation in prgress. I am familar with basic things and not in some advanced concept. Please provide some ways to acheive this?

Thanks
Vijay

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 18:11

Did you populate the database server view?

vijijs

vijijs
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 15:51

Yes. I used the SQL server view. I successfully created the script using database import but when I was running the installshield it got terminated with the exception Error 27502 Could not connect to SQL Server. This is working fine when I am connecting to my desktop SQL Server but got failed while connecting the any remote SQL Server.

1.Is the MSDE needs to be deployed with installshield as prerequist in the installshield?

2.Is the client machine needs to have SQL Client or any required s/w to run the scripts from InstallShield?

3.If MSDE is required to run the SQL Script in the InstallShield, is it should be in the client or server machine.

I am struggling more in this. Please provide solutions you know. and also provide any web link that teaches with example on running the SQL Scripts.
Thanks Lot
Vijay

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 16:03

Of course there has to be some SQL server (could be MSDE) anywhere in your network that you can connect to. So you can use such an existing server, no need to install MSDE on the local machine.