This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Single installer for 32 bit and 64 bit machines

2 replies to this topic

nav_umm

nav_umm
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 02:40

I'm completely new to install shield.

Can anyone suggest me how to create a single installer that can work for 32 bit /64 bit machines.

I have to make some registry entries and some dependencies of the project are platform architecture specific. So same installer doesn;t work on different platforms.

Thanks

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 15:53

That's certainly doable with an InstallScript project by conditionalizing things accordingly, but unfortunately given your lack of experience, it's not something I can sufficiently cover in forum posting. I'm also not sure how you should best build up that knowledge other than enrolling in Flexera Software's "InstallShield, InstallScript" training classes.

To gather some additional information though, exactly what version of InstallShield are you using? Also, is this a 32-bit product that is meant to support both 32-bit & 64-bit Oses -or- will you have separate 32-bit & 64-bit binaries for each OS?
user posted image

nav_umm

nav_umm
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:57

QUOTE (Taco Bell @ 2011-12-20 15:53)
That's certainly doable with an InstallScript project by conditionalizing things accordingly, but unfortunately given your lack of experience, it's not something I can sufficiently cover in forum posting.  I'm also not sure how you should best build up that knowledge other than enrolling in Flexera Software's "InstallShield, InstallScript" training classes.

To gather some additional information though, exactly what version of InstallShield are you using?  Also, is this a 32-bit product that is meant to support both 32-bit & 64-bit Oses -or- will you have separate 32-bit & 64-bit binaries for each OS?

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

I'm using InstallShield 12.
I have some common binaries but there are some uncommon binaries also for each OS. And there are some third party dlls which are different for 32-bit and 64-bit.

Thanks

Edited by nav_umm, 22 December 2011 - 07:59.