This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Force InstallShield Express to delete files

1 reply to this topic

rpetersson

rpetersson
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 10:22

Is there a way to force InstallShield Express to delete temporary files (such as session files) upon uninstallation?
To clarify:
Assume c:\asdf\ is created during installation (including all application specific files).
When running the installed application for the first time, a session file is created and placed in c:\asdf.
During uninstallation all files that are created by installation program are removed EXCEPT c:\asdf\session.fil.
I really would like the uninstallation to remove the entire c:\asdf folder. Is there a way to solve this?

I'm using InstallShield Express 4.0 SP1. I really appreciate any help.

Neo

Neo
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 00:01

You should have custom actions during uninstallation to delete this file. Alternativley you can edit the built file in Orca (Orca is a table editing utility distributed with Windows Installer SDK) and populate the RemoveFile table.

read the Windows Installer SDK help library article titled "RemoveFile" table for more information.