This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Nested Installation

1 reply to this topic

TAL

TAL
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 31 October 2001 - 17:13

Hi All,

We have a release tomorrow, and I have to know urgently were exactly to put the nested installation's custom action in the installexecutesequence table. I tried to the custom action no. 23 (the one who runs the nested installation) after costfinalize, and CA 39 (to uninstall the nested) after the installvalidate but it's not working. Where is the right place for each one of them?... please help me.

Also, one more question in the target filed, in the custom action no. 39 (the one who uninstall), I gave it the string REMOVE=ALL
But when I run it like that, it gives me a system error 1713. And if I take it off, it does not uninstall.

What is the right way of doing that?

Thank you.

Barbara

Barbara
  • Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 05 November 2001 - 15:14

In my projects I put the CA Type 23 normally in the execute sequenece befor the InstallInitialize action. But its working also after InstallInitialize or the InstallFianlize action.
I would only use the condition REMOVE. According to some documentation You should use REMOVE=ALL, but REMOVE is not always set to "ALL" but it contains the names of the features which should be removed.

Hope this helps
Barbara