This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Virtual Directories

2 replies to this topic

runningquicklynowher

runningquicklynowher
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 February 2002 - 01:23

I know I have found this info on this site previously, but I can't seem to locate it again now.  I am trying to create a virtual directory with a registry entry in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\W3SVC\Parameters\Virtual Roots and was trying to verify that this is the correct registry location to do this.  Seems windows 2000 service pack 2 may not be allowing this any longer and I was just trying to verify that I have the correct registry location.

Also was wondering if anyone has gotten the iisadmin.dll on this site to work in IS 6.3 as this may be another route I can take.  I get an error if I use it and my install shuts down.

I am truly hating trying to create virtual directories on Windows 2000 SP2.  Nothing seems to work the same as it did previously.

Fouad Rziki

Fouad Rziki
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 February 2002 - 11:22

i use a vbs to create Virtual directories.

for more information take a look at : HOW TO: Create a Virtual Web Server Using an ADSI Script
(Q315599)

greeting Fouad

BugFarmer

BugFarmer
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 February 2002 - 04:27

Here is what I used for the IisAdmin.dll:

prototype cdecl iisadmin.InstallWebsite ( BYREF  STRING, BYREF STRING );
prototype cdecl iisadmin.RemoveWebsite ( BYREF STRING );

//............................................................
  // temp ------------------------------------------------------

UseDLL ( SUPPORTDIR ^ "iisadmin.dll" );

MessageBox ( "Installing Website", INFORMATION );

nTest = InstallWebsite ( "TestMe", "c:\\Temp" );

Sprintf ( szValue, "Installed Website nTest = %d", nTest );

MessageBox ( szValue, INFORMATION );

MessageBox ( "Removing Website", INFORMATION );

nTest = RemoveWebsite ( "TestMe" );

Sprintf ( szValue, "Removed Website nTest = %d", nTest );

MessageBox ( szValue, INFORMATION );

UnUseDLL ( SUPPORTDIR ^ "iisadmin.dll" );

IS will complain about the literals...  To avoid this, simply replace the "TestMe" or what ever is in quotes with a variable.  It was a 5 minute test for me and I did not want to spend much time on it since I was skeptical about it working.  

This actually worked well for me.  Did you use "cdecl" in your prototype?  That is usually a common issue if your dll just fails.  

Now here is my question...  I don't usually like to include code in my projects if I can't compile it so I can make changes, if needed.  Any tips on compiling this?

Thanx!