This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Problem installing Adobe Reader during install

1 reply to this topic

Gareth at Serif

Gareth at Serif
  • Full Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 09:01

I have written some IS script that is called in a CA that checks the current version of Adobe Reader installed and if too low it checks the operating system and launches the appropriate installer for you in this piece of script:

//Launch the appropriate installer
if (bInstall = 0)then
sAppName = "Adobe Reader 5";
sAppPath = SRCDIR^"AdobeReader\\AcroSetup.exe";
//LongPathToShortPath(sAppPath);
if (LaunchAppAndWait (sAppName, sAppPath, WAIT)<0) then
MessageBox ("Unable to find "+sAppPath, SEVERE);
endif;
else
sAppName = "Adobe Reader 7";
sAppPath = SRCDIR^"AdobeReader\\AdbeRdr70_enu_full.exe";
if (LaunchAppAndWait (sAppName, sAppPath, WAIT)<0) then
MessageBox ("Unable to find "+sAppPath, SEVERE);
endif;
endif;

This all seems to work except when required (in any operating system) the "Unable to find..." dialog appears with the correct path to the appropriate Adobe Reader installer and my install continues without it.

As you can see I tried changing the path from long to short (now commented out) but it still can't find it. i can run the Adobe Reader installer manually at the same point and it works.

The CA is called in the User Interface sequence just after Patch Welcome, though I have tried it in the Execute sequence too in a few places.

Can anyone advise as to why it may not be working, a better way of doing it or where in the sequence it will work as it is?

Thanks in advance,
Gareth

Gareth at Serif

Gareth at Serif
  • Full Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 13:49

Sorry about that, false alarm. Apparently you need to get your LaunchAppAndWait arguments the right way round - lol.