This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

SdLicense dialog

5 replies to this topic

Blackdog

Blackdog
  • Full Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 20:14

When using SdLicense, does the file to be displayed have to be a strict text file, devoid of any kind of formatting? Would Rich Text work? I have a word document that has bullets, bold fonts and clickable Urls. Do I have to save this document as a text file only?

The documentation does state text file, but wondered if there was somethings I may not know about that could be used. Thanks.

Also, is it normal to have Yes selected as the default response? Usually for an important question, we usually default to No so the user has to explicitly change the response. This prevents 'accedentally' hitting a key and accepting the default Yes response.

Edited by Blackdog, 29 March 2007 - 20:54.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 00:05

Yes, the referenced file must be in plain text format and have line breaks.

As for the default response, Yes is the standard for that dialog.
user posted image

Blackdog

Blackdog
  • Full Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 14:23

Just for my information, is it possible to change the default Yes button?

And finally, what is the number of characters the message can contain?

Thanks for your reply.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 14:29

I'm not aware of a way of overriding this dialog's default button.

I also can't say the character limit on this dialog for the the same reasons that were mentioned over here.
user posted image

Blackdog

Blackdog
  • Full Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 16:34

Thanks for the information.

samsquared

samsquared
  • Full Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 21:30

If you're brave you can modify InstallShield's _isres.dll and change the default for that dialog (12029). I recommend reading help for admonitions about doing this. Check "Creating custom dialog boxes from Sd dialog boxes" and the link there to "Making advanced modifications to Sd dialog boxes." (These references are for 6.1.2)