This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

System Search [INSTALLDIR] and DestinationFolder

1 reply to this topic

Logical1

Logical1
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 19:29

Hello,

This is my first post here, so first off thank you for offering this forum for helping people!

I am fairly new to installshield and I have a Basic MSI project for an application that is trying to update an existing application with, but I am running into a few problems that I am hoping someone can assist me with;

1. System Search is used to set [INSTALLDIR] folder path based on the folder location of a file. This variable is set to the [TARGETDIR] directory table property. (I followed the instructions found here: http://elainejames.w...-installshield/

2. In the UI portion of setup, DestinationFolder dialogue is used to verify with the user the location found for the application, but this is where the problem is. If I leave the default variable [INSTALLDIR], the path is displayed simply as C:\. If I use [TARGETDIR], the correct path is displayed, but in either case when I browse to change it, the path will nto change to anything else.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

-L1

Edited by Logical1, 29 January 2014 - 19:30.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 15:40

First check the destination setting of your features. Are they using INSTALLDIR or TARGETDIR (InstallShield setups usually use INSTALLDIR)? Then set the appropriate one with System search.