This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Custom Action Sequence Problem

2 replies to this topic

BASnow

BASnow
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 20:08

I have a custom action that requires that installation files be deployed before it is run. I have it at the correct place in the installation sequence and have set it to deferred action.

When the custom action is set to deferred I seem to not have access to the Session.Property("Value") object. My custom action needs to be able to reference these properties to know how to access the installed files.

Any help?

Zweitze

Zweitze
  • Full Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 09:25

In a deferred CA, you can only access two properties, called "ProductName" and "CustomActionData". You can set the latter in advance, the property has the same name as you CA. See the article Obtaining Context Information for Deferred Execution Custom Actions in the SDK.

The easy workaround is scheduling the CA after InstallFinalize, and removing the Deferred property.

BASnow

BASnow
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 19:37

Thanks for the reply.

I am setting the CustomActionData property early in my installation sequence and all is working well now.

I have three properties to retrieve, so I am storing them in a comma delemited string and splitting them into an array in the latter CA.

Thanks again.
Barry Snow