This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

FileList

1 reply to this topic

SteveGoodman

SteveGoodman
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 October 2002 - 15:37

I am using Orca to edit a MSI and have added a new custom dialog which at present users can type in the path to a file, and this path is then put in a registry setting.

What I would like users to be able to do is click on a browse button and bring up a dialog to select the particular file. I have a had a look at creating another dialog like the SelectFolderDialog but I can't seem to find a control that will list all the files in a certain directory. So what I really want is a FileList control??

Does anyone have any ideas how this can be done? Or does anyone know of any installs which work like this, by presenting the user with a dialog to select a file on install, as I can then load them up in Orca.

Many thanks

Steve Goodman. :angry:

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 24 October 2002 - 10:57

Unfortunately MSI doesn't have a built in file browse dialog. You could call the common file browse dialog in a custom action (DLL)