This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How to configuring Minor Upgrades to remove files?

2 replies to this topic

christin_zy

christin_zy
  • Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 06:43

Hello,

How to configuring Minor Upgrades to remove installed files?

Scenario step:
1) make a first package and installed it;
2) make a minor upgrades base on the previous package, then installed the minor upgrades;
3) uninstalled the product from add/remove program

Results:
Installed files which in the previous package couldn't be removed, it only can remove the files which in the minor upgrades. But i want remove all files of the product.

I look up the installshield help. One method can resolve this problem. It is "Mark a component as transitive, and set a condition on the component that will evaluate to false when a minor upgrade is applied. "

Who try the method sucessfully and can share the operation details of it?

Regards,
Christin

KathyMorey

KathyMorey
  • Full Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 14:08

A minor upgrade only copies over files that have changed and should not prevent uninstall from removing all of the files installed with the original. It looks to me as if you might have another problem.

Have you validated both of your MSIs? Have you logged the original install and the minor upgrade and looked for unusual activity?

How exactly did you prepare the minor upgrade? Did you remove components or otherwise break the component rules/
Kathy Morey
Synergy Software Engineer
ProfitStars, a Jack Henry Company
kmorey@profitstars.com

christin_zy

christin_zy
  • Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 13:38

Thanks for your reply. I have solved the problem through adding removefile table.