This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Billboards are not displayed properly

2 replies to this topic

Usman Javaid

Usman Javaid
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 12:19

Dear All,

I have a InstallScript MSI installation created in InstallShield 10.5sp1. Now our company decides to shift to InstallShield 12. When I converted my project to IS 12. Everything was fine, but the problem occurred during the installation. The billboards are not displayed properly, as the progress bar runs twice. Once it checks for existing installations, validating install.... etc, etc. And then the Creating folders, copying new files... so on.

Billboards are displayed during the first run of progress bar, but in IS 10.5 these were displayed when the progress bar run for the second time (during file transfer).

How can I solve this problem?

Waiting for your prompt reply!

Regards,
Usman Javaid.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 09:31

I think this is a known problem, either in MSI 3 (try with MSI 2) or with some versions of Windows. I don't recall exactly.

Usman Javaid

Usman Javaid
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 05:22

It is a bug in InstallShield 12. Macrovision consider it a bug in InstallScript MSI projects and now they had provide a Hotfix as well. biggrin.gif

Q112373
HOTFIX: Billboards in InstallScript MSI Projects Appear Quickly Before File Transfer

http://support.insta...ticleid=Q112373