This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How to disable a feature?

2 replies to this topic

vkj

vkj
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 October 2002 - 12:10

How can I permanantly disable a feature in the custom setup dialog box ? The feature should appear in the dialog box as crossed (INSTALLSTATE_ABSENT). The user shuold not be able to change the installstate of this feature.

Ian Blake

Ian Blake
  • Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 07 October 2002 - 12:31

You can not do that.

You can choose to hide a feature. Set the Install Level to zero (directly or with the condition table).  It can also be hidden with the display value set to zero. (In this case the atributes will decide if the feature is installed or not).
Ian Blake
(Currently Unemployed)

vkj

vkj
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 October 2002 - 13:07

Thanks Ian
  But, I want the user to see that such a feature is available with the package.
  My package checks for the existance of a server during installation. If the server is available, the feature should be displayed in the custom setup dialog as 'enabled'. If the server is not available, the feature should get disabled (not hidden) and its install state should be absent.