This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Problem with Quick Patch

6 replies to this topic

kirankumar

kirankumar
  • Full Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 14:32

My Dear Stefan,

I got one problem with Quick Patch, if i install patch After building the quick patch, mentioned file was not updating, While building the Quick Patch i got

"ISDEV : warning -6493: The new file for file 'UAManager.exe' has a lower version than the file that exists in the setup. This file will not be updated." this warning.

But i gave version 2.2.5.0 to original setup package while creating the quick patch,but it was showing the original version as 65535.0.0.0 in "Files to Patch",may i know why it is not displaying the original setup version? and how to update the file using the quick patch having same version.

Thanks in advance for your valuable Suggestions.

--kirankumar.

Edited by kirankumar, 17 January 2008 - 15:47.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 20:13

This problem isn't related to the setup version (ProductVersion) but to the version number of the file. Right click the file (in Explorer), select Proeprties and look at the version number.

kirankumar

kirankumar
  • Full Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 13:13

Thanks Stefan,

I checked the version of the file inside the original setup after extracted it is 2.2.5.0 only. That i attached.May i know why it is taking 65535.0.0.0 this version for 2.2.5.0?

Attached Images

• quick.JPG

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 18:30

Not sure. In the original setup, is the file set to "always overwrite" maybe? r did you override the version number in the files and folders section of InstallShield?

kirankumar

kirankumar
  • Full Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 13:57

yes, u r rite. In my original setup all files are set to "always overwrite". Is there any way to prepare quickPatch with this setting in the original installer?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 18:46

It might just work anyway, give it a try. "Always overrite" fakes the version number in the msi file to a very high number.

kirankumar

kirankumar
  • Full Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 08:29

Thanks very much Stefan its working after changing the "always overwrite" to no.Can u suggest how to display messages in quick patch(like your patch is already applied),is this we have to display through original setup custom action?