This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Multi-language MSI based on Systen Language (and not locale)

2 replies to this topic

UrbanSpaceman

UrbanSpaceman
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:56

Hi,

According to this article: http://www.installsi...s/embeddedlang/, MSI can be configured, so that it'll automatically select the UI language during the installation, based on the system's locale. I was wondering - is it possible to configure the UI language using not locale, but the Windows UI language?

To clarify: "locale" is what you set in the Regional Settings, "Windows UI language" is what determines the language of the "start" button, "my computer" icon etc.

Thanks!

VBScab

VBScab
  • Full Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 19:37

Does *nobody* know how to use Google? Even 30 seconds with ProcMon would show you what value changes when you change the setting from Control Panel.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet\Control\Nls\Language, check the values for “Default” - NB. NOT the "(Default)" value but the "Default" value - and “InstallLanguage”

Edited by VBScab, 26 January 2014 - 19:38.

- Don't know why 'x' happened? Want to know why 'y' happened? ProcMon will tell you.
- Try using http://www.google.com before posting.
- I answer questions only via forums. Please appreciate the time I give here and don't send me personal emails.

UrbanSpaceman

UrbanSpaceman
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:59

Thank you for your reply, VBScab.

However, i think you misunderstood me. I wasn't asking where in Registry is the locale information stored (which is indeed a trivial question).

My question is - how to cause a WiX-built MSI to adjust its UI to the "InstallLanguage" value, and not to the "Default".

This is how registry looks on my machine:

registry.png

Without changing these settings, I'd like the installation wizard UI to be in Chinese (0804), but it comes out in English (0409).

Edited by UrbanSpaceman, 27 January 2014 - 09:00.