This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

.Net dpendencies scan, mscomctl.dll

3 replies to this topic

ThomasWegener

ThomasWegener
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 10:51

I have created a basic msi setup for a .net VB application. It use the msflexgrid and some other COM dll on my own. If IShield scans the .net exe for dependencies all things works fine.

Because the results are depends from the currently registered COM versions IShield include some times debug versions instead of the release version. So I thought switch off the IShield scan and put the dependencies manually. I added the msflxgrd.msm and the mscomctl.msm.

But it doesn't work, so I compared the difference between the "scanned" version and the "manually" version. The difference is the scanned version install additional "mscomctl.dll" and "stdole.dll" and copy these dlls to the same location as the exe is located. I believe IShield found these dll's in the GAC? I think the stdole.dll should already exist on the target machine.

Where can I find the mscomctl.dll and how do I install the mscomctl.dll correctly?
Must I register mscomctl.dll, it is just a dll and it is only need to copy the file in the target directory?

Thanks
Thomas

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 18:38

I think there's a merge module for mscomctl

ThomasWegener

ThomasWegener
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 23:08

the same I thought first, but this mergemodul installs the mscomctl.ocx and not the mscomctl.dll. IShield add the mscomctl.dll and stdole.dll too. I tried the .net executable without mscomctl.dll but it doesn't work.

I use MSCOMCTL.MSM, do you know another msm which install the mscomctl.dll?

Thanks
Thomas

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 16:09

I think it's part of the oleaut.msm