This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

InstallShield Merge Module - install condition

2 replies to this topic

joylenen

joylenen
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 02:07

I have a merge module that depends on a specific version of a 3rd party software.  The 3rd party software can not be bundled with my installer.  If the 3rd party software is not installed or has a different version, my installer needs to show a message box and stop the installation.  While these can be done in the project msi, but I am asked to handle the work within the merge module itself because the merge module is likely be reused in other projects.

I am new to InstallShield and unable to figure out how to do it in merge module.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks!

deramor

deramor
  • Full Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 18:13

You can write a custom action and include that in the merge module but I don't see a way to include any install conditions settings.  The custom action can do the work to check for the 3rd party app and take some actions.  This may not be the best solution however since you will likely execute this custom action some time during the suite install process.  This would interrupt the process and you will be left with only partial software installed or have to roll back all your changes. 

It would be more efficient to put the check also in the suite project.

joylenen

joylenen
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 01:07

@deramor,  thanks for the input.  I ended up checking it in the project level which has a better workflow.