This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Compressed setup.iss

3 replies to this topic

mh8368

mh8368
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 18:18

DevX - InstallScript MSI

I want to be able to compress my setup.iss into my installation. I placed it in my SUPPORTDIR to accomplish this however, this presents an issue when calling the silent install. I need to be able to use a variable for identifying where the SUPPORTDIR resolves to during command line execution. This way I can always use a static command line for installing silently such as:

setup.exe /s /f1[SUPPORTDIRVAR]\setup.iss

Is there such a variable, SUPPORTDIR and SRCDIR are not yet defined?

Since we use SMS to do our distributions I need a commandline that will resolve the true path to the setup.iss and not a hardcoded path. If anyone has any other suggestions on compressing the setup.iss into the project and a static commandline that calls the setup silently, please let me know.

Thanks,
MJH

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 22:00

I don't think that's possible. At the time ou start setup.exe the .iss file is not yet extracted to SUPPORTDIR. If you use a packaging tool such as PackageForTheWeb or WinZIP self extractor you could package your setup (setup.exe, CAB files etc.) plus the .iss file into a self extracting exe. Now your .iss file will be extracted to the same folder in the TEMP directory as the other setup files and you don't need to specify the path.

am9518

am9518
  • Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 16:48

Can one pass Windows Installer command line parameters to packages that are wrapped with package for the web? Could I set a global property from the command line directly to the *.exe that Package for the Web creates?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 22:59

yes I think this shoudl be possible.