This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Bitmap appears with color distortion

2 replies to this topic

Ajawl

Ajawl
  • Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 23 May 2002 - 10:24

Hi People,
I am using a 256-color bitmap as the setup windows' background.
But then, when I run the setup in a 256-color system, the dialog appears with color distortion (like 16-color).
When I open the bitmap in the InstallShield Dialog Editor, the bitmap also appears with color distortion (my system is set to 256-color). But when I open the bitmap with another tool (Paintbrush), then there is no distortion.

Does anybody know the reason of this color distortion when I use the bitmap with InstallShield? What can I do?

Thank you very much,
Ajawl

RaymondHallReid

RaymondHallReid
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 18:18

Hi Ajawl and all,

Do you know why this is.  I currently have the same problem, but can;t figure out why?

Kind Regards

Raymond Hall-Reid

hambone

hambone
  • Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 18:35

i had run across a similiar problem in the early days of working with mm and vr.  for me the problem turned out to be that my images were using colors that existed outside the standard windows 256 colour palette.

mapping the images to the current palette choices solved the problem...  now if i can only remember what tools i used to map out the palette........