This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Suppressing Warning -4095

4 replies to this topic

Dave I

Dave I
  • Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 14 March 2001 - 10:23

I want to suppress the following message:

** Warning -4095: Calling DoAction from a control event on an InstallScript custom action may not work in all cases, especially if you are using SOURCEDIR, TARGETDIR, PreShowComponentDlg, or MsiDoAction in the script.

Here is the scenario; my UI is quite complex with 60+ dialogs extensively branched. i.e. the UI path depends on the option selected.

I have a CA on the Next button which adds the current dialog name to a stack and another which sets a property to the last value on the stack when the Back button is pressed....

DoAction         GetDialogOffStack                 1
NewDialog     [LASTDIALOG]

I am not using any of the properties the warning suggests,
I thought this is what the DoAction is for?!?
And my solution works fine apart from 106 x -4095 warnings at build time.

I know that I can control Back navigation by layering NewDialog commands as follows:

NewDialog           DlgNumberOne         NOONE=TRUE
NewDialog           DlgNumberTWO        NOTWO=TRUE, etc.

but this is very difficult to sustain as the conditions are at times 7-8 layers deep!!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Dave.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 14 March 2001 - 11:31

You can safely ignore this warning. It is displayed whenever you use InstallScript on a dialog button. IPWI is not smart enoigh to know whether you are using a forbidden function in your CA, and issues a warning "just in case".

Dave I

Dave I
  • Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 14 March 2001 - 11:41

Its a bit stupid though isnt it.  Whenever I  encounter a error in my build I have to wade through a hundred warnings, just to find the ones that are actually relevant.

Thanks for your prompt reply.  Im off to submit a moan to InstallShield.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 14 March 2001 - 14:57

Its a bit stupid though isnt it.

Yes, it is (IMHO)