This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Feature selection states

2 replies to this topic

jonathan2002

jonathan2002
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 September 2002 - 15:43

Recently I thought it might be useful for my project to replace the CustomSetUp dialog altogether with one I designed myself, to make things clearer to the end user. The stumbling block to implementing this (with a dialog of checkboxes, rather than the confusing mutilple options of the standard dialog) is with finding a way to change the selection states of the various features based on the user input.

There is an IS function FeatureSelectItem, but that is only available in Standard projects. How could I achieve the same effect in a basic MSI project?

FrankGales

FrankGales
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 June 2003 - 14:05

Hi,
MsiSetFeatureStates is the function to use. Do read the documentation on this function thoroughly as one other function has to be executed before and as MsiSetFeatureStates can only be executed in a specific area of the sequence (I dunno it by heart).

I use this very extensively and set some 20 features using this function.

Greetings,
Frank Gales

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 05:14

Another idea that you can use is to use the condition table to set feature to a certain InstallLevel based on a property value.

You could provide radio buttons and set feature states according to these.