This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

New to InstallShield

1 reply to this topic

prateekmca

prateekmca
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 06:51

Dear Friends,
I am very new in the field of InstallShield installation tool. Please assist me from where I can start?

Also, I just wanted to know is it possible to deploy the same patch on the multiple servers from my local machine. I will have admin priviliges on all the servers. I tell you what is my situation - I am having some load balanced servers, so if I need to install any service on 1 server, it has to replicate on all the other load balanced server.
Please suggest, is it possible? One of my friend is having some knowledge of InstallShield, he was suggesting that through InstallShield, I can pull the updates and cannot push the updates to the desired servers.

Please assist as soon as possible.
Thanks.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:33

I am very new in the field of InstallShield installation tool. Please assist me from where I can start?
There's a tutorial in help, also the evaluator's guide will guide you through a sample.

If you want to patch multiple servers you need to install the patch on each server. You could do this by remotely accessing the server, or maybe using a script that runs on the server and pulls the update.
Flexera Software has such a tool called FlexNet connect which is similar to Windows Update, but it's intended to deliver updates to your customer base. I wouldn't recommend it if you need to published patches to a small number of inhouse servers.