This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Remove reboot dialog box

3 replies to this topic

dsaxena

dsaxena
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 17:37

I have created an install using the installshield professional 7 setup wizard. I do not want to show the reboot dialog box at uninstall. Is there a way to do that? And if I do not show the reboot box but want all the clean up actions to be performed without the rebooting, is it possible?

Thanks
DK

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 17:47

In general the reboot dialog is only displayed if a file was locked and therefore a reboot is required to complete the operation. You can prevent display of this dialog by adjusting your OnMaintUIAfter script.

dsaxena

dsaxena
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 18:22

My installer has one exe and one dll file. The exe file is basically a windows service in c++. On uninstalling the windows service gets removed from the services but the installer does not remove the exe file from the location. Why is that exe locked ? Can i unlock it ? I believe these files are not used by other files.

I used the wizard to make this install so I don't have OnMaintUIAfter function in the script. If I add it in the script won't it overwrite the existing function? and what should I write inside the function to disable the reboot dialog. It doesnt ask me to reboot during install .... its only during uninstall.

Thanks
DK

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 21:14

Do you (successfully) stop the service before removing the exe?