This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Shortcuts

3 replies to this topic

Becky Nichols

Becky Nichols
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 04 January 2002 - 20:37

Hi All,

I have several applications which each need to install the same secondary shortcut.  I have the "Replace Existing ShortCut If Found" box set to "No", which helps the situation.  

In the senario that I install App #1 and it places the shortcut on the start/programs menu, then I install App #2 that has the same shortcut, everything's fine until I uninstall App #1.  It will remove the shortcut, because it put it there, but App #2 is still on the machine and it should have the shortcut.

Any suggestions?

Becky

lasenbby

lasenbby
  • Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 04 January 2002 - 21:10

This is where registry sets lose thier power...  You can't turn off logging for it.  If you make it in the script you can.  

You may have to set the uninstall property to no and implement a check in both uninstalls to check if the other product(s) (or any that use the shortcut) are on the machine and forcibly delete it if it is the last one on the machine.  Check for the uninstall entries or the application regkey for the other products.

(Edited by lasenbby at 8:10 pm on Jan. 4, 2002)

Becky Nichols

Becky Nichols
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 January 2002 - 15:08

Thanks lassenby.  I'll give this a try.

Becky

Becky Nichols

Becky Nichols
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 January 2002 - 16:53

Just to let you know, I found an "Uninstall" attribute on the Settings tab for the shortcut.  I have set that to no, then as suggested, wrote a method to check for other folders in my start/programs menu and remove the icon and folder if it's the only guy left.  This works quite well.

Thanks for your help.

Becky