This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Patch doesn't work at WinXP SP2 :-(

3 replies to this topic

Alexey_Markov

Alexey_Markov
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 November 2004 - 07:30

Hi everybody.
My patches built by InstallShield 7.03 working at all versions of windows up to WinXP SP1 but at WinXP SP2 it doesn't work. I think that the problem is Windows Installer 3.0 that included in WinXP SP2. But why?

I use a minor upgrade and get the error telling me smth like "The installer cannot install the upgrade patch because the program being upgraded may be missing or the upgrade patch updates a different version of the program. Verify that the program to be upgraded exists on your computer and that you have the correct upgrade patch."

In the log file isn't smth helpful.

Can anybody help me? What do I do wrong?

PS: I use "check major, minor and package version" condition. If to use "do not check versions" it works.

Edited by Alexey_Markov, 04 November 2004 - 08:16.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 04 November 2004 - 14:28

Make sure you specify = as version relationship when you build the patch, not <= or >=

Alexey_Markov

Alexey_Markov
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 November 2004 - 05:39

But why it doesn't work if >=?

If I have e.g patch 1.0 -> 1.2 and installed 1.1 I couldn't patch, right (if specified as =)?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 05 November 2004 - 14:42

That's right. Since your patch is a diff between 1.0 and 1.2 you cannot apply it to version 1.1