This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Files installed acording to specific languages

4 replies to this topic

Cesar

Cesar
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 May 2001 - 10:54

i have 6 files in english and 6 files in french, they have the same name, in the file groups panel, i put them in correct languages... but when i build the media, i only have the french files because they are stored in the same directory in disk 1, so the french files, when builded, erase the english files...

how can i do to make it work ...

Blake Miller Wonder

Blake Miller Wonder
  • Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 01 June 2001 - 17:17

You need to make separate file groups with different source directories for the English and the French files.  Then mark the language the file groups represent, then filter on the proper language within the setup program.  You will end up with the correct files installed, and both sets of files will be in the built media.

Cesar

Cesar
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 June 2001 - 10:12

___", then filter on the proper language within the setup program"

what do you mean with this, thanks...

Blake Miller Wonder

Blake Miller Wonder
  • Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 06 June 2001 - 18:55

// filter OUT all language-specific file groups    ComponentFilterLanguage(MEDIA, ISLANG_ALL, TRUE);

// filter IN all file groups specific to the SELECTED_LANGUAGE
ComponentFilterLanguage(MEDIA, SELECTED_LANGUAGE, FALSE);

If your user does not select the language via the language selection dialog at beginning of setup, then replace SELECTED_LANGUAGE with one of the pre-defined language identifiers.