This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Replacing SetupCompleteSuccess dialog

3 replies to this topic

Murali

Murali
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 November 2001 - 08:39

I have a custom Finish Page which is to be used after the installation is complete. I think this has to replace SetupCompleteSuccess dialog. How to replace? I couldn't find SetupCompleteSuccess in the UI Sequence for me to replace it with my custom dialog's name.

IgorS

IgorS
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 November 2001 - 16:42

If you'll open Sequences\ Installation \ User Interface then you will see SetupCompleteSuccess dialog (it's third item in the tree). It has sequence number "-1".
For customuze Finish Page you can change this dialog. But you cannot change his sequence number.
Installshield use this number only for Finish dialog and Finish dialog must have it equels "-1" .
I don't know if you can change the standard name of dialog  (SetupCompleteSuccess) to another name.
I didn't try this.

Murali

Murali
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 November 2001 - 06:48

Igor,
Yes. The SetupCompleteSuccess dialog appears in the sequence with Sequence No. -1. What I did was changed this sequence No. to say -10 and set the Sequence No. of my Custom Finish page to -1. This didn't work. So, I've removed the SetupCompleteSuccess dialog from the sequence and had my Custom Finish page sequenced to -1. Still it didn't work and gave me some error. Can you suggest me something? I don't want to redo the design work on SetupCompleteSuccess dialog that I did on the Custom Finish page, if there is some other way....

Thanks...

IgorS

IgorS
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 November 2001 - 08:08

Murali.
May be this can help.
Rename your Finish dialog to SetupCompleteSuccess and change it's No to -1.
If it will not work then standard SetupCompleteSuccess dialog has some elements or properties which differes it from the other dialogs and InstallShield looks for them.
Regards