This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

URGENT :Please help me. MySQL server

2 replies to this topic

ranjit kumar

ranjit kumar
  • Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 15:46

Hi all
1)
I installed My SQL Prerequiste.And next i installed my product. Here requirement is i have to run MY SQL script. It is to create tables etc. i am having 5 MYSQL script files. So how can i run those files. please tell me. it is very urgent. I am not installing MYSQL gui. So how is it possible to run the MYSQL script in command prompt.
MY requirement is when the user installs my product automatically MYSQL scripts has to run

2)
Second is How can i delete the Installshield wizard (caption) preparing to install dialog. and next this immediatelu i am getting windows installer dialog. How can i delete. or how can i chage the titles and text.As soon as i run the run the stup i am getting this dialog\. This option is not present in the dialog view.

3)When the user installs the seup. When he enters the company name in the setup it has to be automatically stored in our database. So howa can i connect the user name option with our database.
I will eaplin in detail : Suppose user is entering his company name then it has to be stored in the text file and it has to the installaiton directory also. So howa can i get the username . And also i have to store that to database. SAo how can i connect that top data base.

You told me to change the option from yes to no. Actually prviously it is showing as no, i am getting preparing to install dialog big. But i saw in forum and then changed that to yes. The difference is that dialog becomes small. It will not delete. Wats my problem it is displaying as installshield wizard as caption. For remaining all dialogs i changed the title. But i cant find this dilaog in the dialog view. My project people were saying that suppose if we take an example for MySQL there it is not displaying as installshield wizard anywhere. Then why cant it possible for me to change the title. So please tell me from where can i get that dialog. Afetr this dialog i am getting windows installer dialog. I want to change the caption for this also. After these dialogs only i am getting installwelcome dialog. Please help me on this.

3)

For this my problem is :
I have to store the user name dialog in the text file. and this text file has to be stored in the location where the user selects the destination folder for my software. So here wat i have the probelm is
How i can create a text file. And where can i check the control id and
property. I am not having any idea. please bare me. I am not having any experince in writing the script.
So please eaplain me in detail.

4)
Now i am getting one more problem :
i.e: Actually after doing build and then run the application and then install it in the system. But later if i run the application, as it is already in the syste, it has to go to maintainance dialog. But instead of going to maintainance dialog it is automatically uninstalling the spftware and then installing . why i am getting this problem. Prewviously it is working foine. But since two days i am getting this problem.

5)
I am installing the prerequiste MYSQL, by checking the registry key.
Here whats the problem is i am getting one dialog as MySQL is a prerequite install it. Is is showing as pending. Here wat i want to do is i want to install MYSQL prerequite in the target system with out asking any confirmation from the user. So if MYSQL is not there in the system it has to be installed automatically in the system.So how can i remive the prerequite dialog. Is there any possible to install MYSQL in other way.

6)In registry i want to store the date and time of the instaalatyion in the target system . So how can i store the date and time in the target system registry. Which condition i can use.
Please help me.
thanq in advance
ranjit.

Zweitze

Zweitze
  • Full Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 18:11

1) Basically you write a DLL that connects to the database server, and then executes the query (with the query holding CREATE TABLE statements). Then you create a Custom Action for this DLL function.
2) One method is to replace the Setup.exe from InstallShield with your own Setup.exe. Some versions of InstallShield work with an ini file next to Setup.exe, if you open it you'll notice that you can change some text.
3) Create another query with an INSERT or UPDATE statement, and execute that query. The user name is stored in a property called USERNAME, but if you ask the user to type his name, you'll find his input in the property linked to the edit control.
4) This is a feature of certain InstallShield IDEs. It won't happen if you run outside the InstallShield IDE.
5) Maybe you're better off writing your own prerequisite for mysql (no experience here)
6) I believe that this information is available in a property.

ranjit kumar

ranjit kumar
  • Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 11:22

Hi all
1)
I installed My SQL Prerequiste.And next i installed my product. Here requirement is i have to run MY SQL script. It is to create tables etc. i am having 5 MYSQL script files. So how can i run those files. please tell me. it is very urgent. I am not installing MYSQL gui. So how is it possible to run the MYSQL script in command prompt.
MY requirement is when the user installs my product automatically MYSQL scripts has to run

2)
Second is How can i delete the Installshield wizard (caption) preparing to install dialog. and next this immediatelu i am getting windows installer dialog. How can i delete. or how can i chage the titles and text.As soon as i run the run the stup i am getting this dialog\. This option is not present in the dialog view.

3)When the user installs the seup. When he enters the company name in the setup it has to be automatically stored in our database. So howa can i connect the user name option with our database.
I will eaplin in detail : Suppose user is entering his company name then it has to be stored in the text file and it has to the installaiton directory also. So howa can i get the username . And also i have to store that to database. SAo how can i connect that top data base.

You told me to change the option from yes to no. Actually prviously it is showing as no, i am getting preparing to install dialog big. But i saw in forum and then changed that to yes. The difference is that dialog becomes small. It will not delete. Wats my problem it is displaying as installshield wizard as caption. For remaining all dialogs i changed the title. But i cant find this dilaog in the dialog view. My project people were saying that suppose if we take an example for MySQL there it is not displaying as installshield wizard anywhere. Then why cant it possible for me to change the title. So please tell me from where can i get that dialog. Afetr this dialog i am getting windows installer dialog. I want to change the caption for this also. After these dialogs only i am getting installwelcome dialog. Please help me on this.

3)

For this my problem is :
I have to store the user name dialog in the text file. and this text file has to be stored in the location where the user selects the destination folder for my software. So here wat i have the probelm is
How i can create a text file. And where can i check the control id and
property. I am not having any idea. please bare me. I am not having any experince in writing the script.
So please eaplain me in detail.

4)
Now i am getting one more problem :
i.e: Actually after doing build and then run the application and then install it in the system. But later if i run the application, as it is already in the syste, it has to go to maintainance dialog. But instead of going to maintainance dialog it is automatically uninstalling the spftware and then installing . why i am getting this problem. Prewviously it is working foine. But since two days i am getting this problem.

5)
I am installing the prerequiste MYSQL, by checking the registry key.
Here whats the problem is i am getting one dialog as MySQL is a prerequite install it. Is is showing as pending. Here wat i want to do is i want to install MYSQL prerequite in the target system with out asking any confirmation from the user. So if MYSQL is not there in the system it has to be installed automatically in the system.So how can i remive the prerequite dialog. Is there any possible to install MYSQL in other way.