Posted 07 December 2011 - 22:32
I am having a setup which can be installed both "only for me" and "Anyone who uses this computer".
In case user selects "only for me" option,I want to prevent rest all users except administrator from executing the application.In simple words I want to give execute permissions only for the user who has installed the application.
How to do it??
Posted 08 December 2011 - 11:59
Another way might be software restriction policies in Windows.
Posted 08 December 2011 - 15:44
I thought of adding a Custom Action Type 51 where I can add a property say "USER_RIGHT" and then set its value to "Everyone".Then add this property in LockPermission table.
But I am not sure if how exactly to do this..
Can you tell me how exactly can I restrict permissions on the folder.
Posted 13 December 2011 - 20:18
What I did:
1. Created a sample Basic MSI project.
2. Added a doc in C:\Programdata\XYZ folder.
3. In Files and Folders view , added following permissions:
Domain: Kept it blank
User: Administrator -> Full Access.
User: Remote Desktop Users -> Deny Access.
4. Verified that the above setting has its entry in LockPermission Table.
5. After creating the setup when I installed,using my normal account, I am not able to launch the doc with both as an Administrator and Normal User.
6. I verified that my normal account is of Remote Desktop User type.
What I want to do:
I want to give full access to the administrator and the user who has installed the setup(in my case my normal account).For rest of the users I want to deny access.
I think in the User column under LockPermission Table I am not entering the correct user group.
Can you please suggest me what should I use in User column to get the desired result?
Edited by AlexLX, 13 December 2011 - 20:21.