This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

dependecys and isdev adding things at build time

1 reply to this topic

give8me

give8me
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 09:22

I have a C# app that needs to be deployed using ISDEV8.

At build time ISDEV detectes dependecys in my Portable Executables. This fact triggers an automatic inclusion of three files from GAC and 2 MSMs.

The problem is that the 3 files are from .net framework 1.1 and the 2 msms are mdac 2.5 and 2.7. An even greater problem is the fact that mdac is included many times (for everyone of my files it detects that needs MDAC). Some files need MDAC 2.5 and it includes this one, others need MDAC 2.7 it also includes this one and another file needs MDAC 2.7 SP1 so .. again ... it includes this one). The build is finally completed with no important warnings but the problem is that when I validate the MSI I get errors with duplication of MDAC entrys in component table.

Can anyone please tell me how I can make ISDEV to DO NOT include automatically anything? I'm deploying through my tech support & implementation people a component update cd that installs mdac 2.7 sp1, .net framework 1.1, ie 6 sp1 etc. etc. so I really have no need to include anything else besides my application's files in the msi package.

Thank You.

Art Middlekauff

Art Middlekauff
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 16:31

1. For existing projects, go to the Components view. For each component, change the ".NET Scan at Build" setting to "Properties Only".

2. For future projects, go to Tools | Options | .NET. Change the default "Scan at Build" setting to "Properties Only".

You can still use the Static Scanner (found in the Project menu) to pull in dependencies to your project. You can then choose which ones to keep or discard, and no new ones will be pulled in at build time.

Regards,
Art Middlekauff
InstallShield Product Architect