This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Major Upgrades

2 replies to this topic

pdriley

pdriley
  • Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 18 June 2002 - 18:51

Please help me out here.  I thought I understood Major Upgrades but now it turns out I was wrong.

I want to upgrade fully from n.mm to n.mm.1 (these are field tests).  So I...
1) created the new package
2) changed
* the Version
* the Product Name
* the Upgrade code
* the Product code
* the Package code
3) put the old Upgrade code in the Upgrade table with a VersionMax of n.mm and Attributes of 1
4) set the ActionProperty to "UPROP0001" and added this to the SecureCustomProperties Property
5) the rest of the Upgrade table is NULL.

Tried to intall the new pack over the old one and it completely ignored the old package.  Didn't even look at it, as far as I can see in a verbose log.  It certainly hasn't set the UPROP00001 property or removed the old product.

So... what did I miss?

(I know it's going to be something really silly to someone who's done an upgrade before but I'm sure I've followed every instruction I can find)

<frustrated> :(
Paul Riley (Vector Networks), InstallShield User.

Ian Blake

Ian Blake
  • Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 19 June 2002 - 11:45

You should not change the upgrade code.  This is usually kept common between your new and old packages. Otherwise you will end up with an over complicated Upgrade Table before long,

You are using an attribute of 1.  This means the maximum value is exclusive of your version.  Add 512 to include your version ie.  an attribute of 513.
Ian Blake
(Currently Unemployed)

pdriley

pdriley
  • Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 19 June 2002 - 14:50

You can do that?  You can keep one Upgrade Code?  Well that's just perfect, that saves me another worry that was coming later :)

Thanks for the rest, Ian, I'll give that a try.
Paul Riley (Vector Networks), InstallShield User.