This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Silent Mode doesn't work

3 replies to this topic

smfavaro

smfavaro
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 03:57

Hi,

I'm having problems with silent mode in InstallShield X Pro. I created a new empty project and just compile it. Then I run it with /r command to create a new setup.iss file for silent installations. It is created well.

The problem is when I run the installer with the /s command it seems to be executed but it doesn't do nothing. When I look to the log file created it says ResultCode=-3, which means "Required data not found in the Setup.iss file".

Anyone knows why it is happening and what is the solution or the data that the installer is looking for?

Thank you in advance. (Attached are the setup.iss, setup.ini and setup.log files)

Santiago

Attached Files

mcyrulik

mcyrulik
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 05:17

The second time that you run the setup, are you running it over the first one? If you are, the setup.iss file could be different for a repair/uninstall than it would be for a clean install.

smfavaro

smfavaro
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 05:20

Yeah! I figured out which was the problem with the great help of Taco Bell.

The problem was that the program was already installed and the information that the installer was looking for in the setup.iss file was the uninstall information, so once I created a new .iss file with both .iss files (install and uninstall modes) it worked perfectly! Just I merged up both iss files and it works very well now!

Santiago

smfavaro

smfavaro
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 05:21

Yes! You're right mcyrulik, that was the problem! Thank you too man!

Santiago