This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

installing exe package from MSI...

3 replies to this topic

bkill

bkill
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 May 2001 - 12:14

Hello,

I've got a VB application which must be installed with the MDAC drivers (ADO,...) from Microsoft... I've got an EXE for all those drivers (Microsoft Package), and I'd like to know how I can add this package to my MSI package? I know how to add files to my package, but I'd like to add "self-executing-during-the-install" files :-)

Is it possible? If so, how?

Thanx

Ludo

jsp

jsp
  • Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 10 May 2001 - 15:57

It is possible!!
In your source setup setup, install your exe in a specific directory (for example [Microsoft]).You don't need to install it on the local machine, but this file is now inclued in your package.
Create a 1st Custom Action with type "Set a property", Source: "YOURPROPERTY", Target: "[SourceDir]Microsoft\YourFileName.exe"
Create a 2nd Custom Action with type: "Lauch an executable", Location: "Stored in the property table",Source: "YOURPROPERTY", Target: "YouCommandLine" (for example /q for blind installation)
In the sequence insert these two CA respecting the good level.
And that's all !!

MGF128

MGF128
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 May 2001 - 20:15

If you're using InstallShield for Windows Installer, they include an MDAC merge module that installs MDAC version 2.5 SP1.