This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Release wizard for Basic MSI

3 replies to this topic

klee777

klee777
  • Full Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 21:38

Hi, I posted this in InstallShield community but no one was able to help me. So I hope someone here can.

I'm using IShield 10.5. I created a Basic MSI project, e.g. MyBasic. In this project, I have only one component associated with one file, e.g. my.BMP.
During Release Wizard, I chose "uncompressed", so that a file would reside in the same location as MyBasic.MSI.
I can't feagure it out how: the file is always created under a sub-directory of where the MSI is.
Anyone knows how this can be done?

TIA.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 22:10

Have you tries setting the Source Folder parameter of the component?

klee777

klee777
  • Full Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 19:53

Yes, I tried. Thank you for your advice.

In "Installation Designer" pane, there was "Organization" category and its sub-category was "Components". Once I clicked this, in the middle pane, "Components" and underneath "MyComponent" were displayed. "MyComponent" had an empty "Source Location" property. Whether I left it empty or put SOURCEDIR, it didn't make any difference.

I just resolved this problem after I followed your advice:
in "Installation Designer" pane, there is also "Application Data" category, and "Files and Folders" sub-category. Clicking this displays "Destination computer's folders". Since it says "Destination", I've thought this is a truly destination. However, when I right-click "Destination Computer"s "[INSTALLDIR]", and choose "Properties", it also has "Source Location:" column, which by default is same as "Target" location.
After I changed this "Source Location:" value to SOURCEDIR, the file was created at DISK1 directory.

Thank you again.

klee777

klee777
  • Full Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 20:48

Sorry for wrong information. When I did the above way, it created a file in Disk1 but running the MSI caused error.

I corrected the problem by keeping the empty "Source Location" property, and by changing the value of "Source Location:" to a dot(.).