This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Setup initilization error

2 replies to this topic

mcpost

mcpost
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 April 2002 - 16:28

I've been getting a error message "The InstallShield Engine (IKernel.exe) could not be launched. Coinitialize has not been called." when trying to install on a very old system running win95.

I tried deleting installshield folder in program files\common files\... and deleting registry keys but none of these helped.

This is a re-install. The first install went through fine, the app was than removed (by deleting app folders, registry keys, shortcut etc. instead of running uninstall), and setup was run again. This happens during setup initiallization on the second install.

Any suggestion/help is greatly appreciated.

mcp

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 17 April 2002 - 00:49

The best I can do for now (which isn't much) is simply tell you I've seen a variation of that message and unfortunately, as of yet, have not figured out a resolution for it.

Here's the post.
user posted image

MKaiser

MKaiser
  • Full Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 18 April 2002 - 08:48

You should check if you have to install the DCOM-Update for this system. Correct me if I'm wrong - you can find this in the samples area or under tools & tips.

Regards,
Marko