This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Uninstall problems

5 replies to this topic

seanf711

seanf711
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 November 2002 - 21:33

After an uninstall I have files that are left.  If I look at the msi log it has this entry for one of the files:
MSI (s) (24:70): Component: RFItgIA.dll; Installed: Local;   Request: Absent;   Action: Null

For the other files they look like this:
MSI (s) (24:70): Component: SF_RFClientInst.dll; Installed: Local;   Request: Absent;   Action: Absent

and they get uninstalled properly.  Also for the files that are removed there is an entry in the log for remove files.  With this particular file there is not.  I can't seem to find anything different about the file in the project(IS Developer 7 SP4).  The files that are not removed are always the same so it is not a random issue.  Any one encountered this before?
Sean Fawcett

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 06 November 2002 - 11:40

A difference in Request and Action typically indicates that component rules have been violated.

Goose

Goose
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 August 2003 - 07:26

I seem to be experiencing an identical problem, however one of the components tha is left behind does not violate component rules in any way shape or form.

Another peculiarity is that 1 file frem one of the components is removed. I have narrowed the problem down to 3 components, but they are no different, in my eyes, than any ather components.

Any more suggestions?

Zweitze

Zweitze
  • Full Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 08 August 2003 - 08:58

Maybe the component has conditions? In that case, make sure the condition result is always the same, at first install and uninstall.

Goose

Goose
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 August 2003 - 00:54

Yeah, been through all that. Definately no conditions coming in to play. I originally thought my Transform was at fault, but after some further testing, I have found that the original MSI does the exact same thing.

When installing the MSI using /qb+ it leaves behind 1 shortcut and an a fair number of files from 3 seperate components. However, when intstalling with the full UI, it only leaves behind the shortcut.

I'm starting to go insane, and once I lose I'll my faculties I'll be an MSI genius. tongue.gif

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 12 August 2003 - 12:17

Have you made sure that the components are not set to permanent?

What about the feature that the component is under? is this set to remove?