This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

MultiPlatform 4.53 vs MultiPlatform 5.0

1 reply to this topic

Mike Snodgrass

Mike Snodgrass
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 April 2003 - 16:29

I'm new to the world of Multiplatform, but have a good base of MSI install development skills.

I am working with an installation package that I recently acquired. The install is to be run from a Windows environment and install libraries on an AS/400. The install worked fine with MultiPlatform 4.53, however, upon migration to 5.0, I am seeing problems.

I've forced the install to create a log, by executing from the command line:
setup.exe -is:log c:\myLogFile.txt

I've been able to log msi installs and gather great information from the logs. However, I'm not sure how to read the following data in this log file. Any assistance in reading the log files is greatly appreciated!

Edited by Mike Snodgrass, 21 April 2003 - 17:37.

Mike Snodgrass

Mike Snodgrass
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 April 2003 - 17:48

I've discovered my problems here. The install was functioning. Since the install was initiated from the Windows machine, to place files on the 400, the Windows machine had the uninstall.jar on it as well as some other directories associated with the application. Since this was prevalent, the install passed through and decided the product was already installed and didn't copy over the files. So, I deleted the folder and installed successfully.

From InstallShield support:
When you don't use the -os400 command then
the uninstall.jar and the vpd.properties gets written to the windows
machine you installed it from. So this is more than likely what was
causing the problem. One way to always make sure these libraries get
installed(the OS/400 Library bean gets called) you can use an "uninstall
Product action".