This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How to install MSDE through DevStudio9 ?

1 reply to this topic

Entela

Entela
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 19:17

Hi everybody,

I have DevStudio9 installed on my machine. I want to create a user friendly setup to install MSDE 2000 on other user's machine. Using MSDE setup.exe with command line parameters, it's not the best option (but at least is a way to do it).

Can somebody helop me out, on how to start, what kind of project do I have to create with Dev9, and if I need to make a reference to any object?

Any idea will greatly help. Thanks in advance,
Entela

halciber

halciber
  • Full Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 01:33

Hi Entela,

I hope this suggestion isn't coming to you too terribly late. Even though it might be too late to help you, this might be in time to help somebody.

I'm doing the following to install MSDE in an installscript, IS9 project:

1. I'm putting the installation files into its own folder under Support Folder->MSDE2000a.

2. In my code, I'm launching the executable with the LaunchAppAndWait function. An example using the Support Folder I mentioned above would be:

LaunchAppAndWait(SUPPORTDIR ^ "MSDE2000a\\setup.exe", "SAPWD=\"password\" ", LAAW_OPTION_WAIT);

One thing to keep in mind, this has to be executed AFTER the install has finished copying the files to the various directories. I'm not launching this function until the OnMoved phase of the install.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Mike