This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Another Version of this Product is already...

4 replies to this topic

LParets

LParets
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 20:32

Greetings:

I'm using Installshield Dev 9 Studio to create an install using merge modules from another installation. The two installations have many common components and will be installed to the same INSTALLDIR, but for various reasons I do not want to install them using the same installation MSI.

I have created a completely new ISM for the second installation, and although I have changed the product, package, and upgrade GUIDs when I attempt to install either installation after the other I get the following message:

"Another version of this product is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue. To configure or remove the existing version of this product, use Add/Remove Programs on the Control Panel.
{CC114341-7BE6-48CE-91F0-2885DFDAFBA6}"

(I got the above message using the Windows Installer logging after one type installation).

I have done a search in the second installation through direct editor to find the above GUID and could not find it.

These two applications will probably not be running on the same workstation, but they should run side by side without any problems (even within the same folder).

Any clues of why this would be happening?

Thanks in advance,

lp

cherukus

cherukus
  • Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 21:21

Just curious, if the ProductVersion is same for both.

LParets

LParets
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 21:51

Good question, but alas I wish it was that simple. Not only are they different but I re-generated all three codes and tried again, only to get the same results.

Edited by LParets, 25 January 2005 - 21:53.

LParets

LParets
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 22:06

I found a post on the installshield site with other users that have had this problem.

http://community.ins...p?t-129903.html

I will check my merge modules for a product code. It is really the only thing that makes sense.

I'll let you know how it goes.

lp

Edited by LParets, 25 January 2005 - 22:07.

LParets

LParets
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 22:33

Yep that was it. For some reason my merge module had a product code hidden in it. I dropped that row from the MSI table, now all is good.

lp