This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Feature Disk Space

2 replies to this topic

finding_this_difficult

finding_this_difficult
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 17:53

In Custom Setup dialog each feature displays the space requirements. I am needing to show in that space how much space is required by the installer, regardless if there is already files installed there.
What is happening is that I am upgrading from Wise to Installshield, so running the installer shows the "additional" disk space needed.
Any suggestion on how to force this to show the size of the feature?

Thanks,
A

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 22:05

This is by design. I guess the only way around it would be a custom user interface. Note that in this case your setup will behave different from all the other msi based setups out there which might confuse your customers.

finding_this_difficult

finding_this_difficult
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 19:27

Thanks... I just went in and added "an additional" in the CustomSetup Dialog string to hopefully clear things up a little. It really only matters for this initial setup and I really don't want to build another custom dialog, I like the wheel the way it is.

- A