This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

how to install msi on windows 7 and above without optio RUn as adminis

1 reply to this topic

sanjeevbishnoi

sanjeevbishnoi
  • Full Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 15:15

Hi,

My basic msi installshield installer installing two window services.Services are installed successfully when i am trying to install from comd promt with option run as administrator.

But when i am trying to install dirextly(on click on msi) installation completed successfully but Services are not installed.

when i try to install from installed directory folder then access denied eror was thrown.

please suggest how i can install msi on single click without using comannnd prompt and run as administrator.

deramor

deramor
  • Full Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 23:32

If you are using a setup.exe file and msi file, navigate to the releases view.  Select a release and review the setup.exe tab.  There is an option for "Required Execution Level".

This is AsInvoker by default.  Change this to Administrator and you will be all set.  You will be prompted to elevate each time you execute your installer and it will run as an admin allowing you to create the services.

Optionally, if you are only using an msi file, you can try making this change in the "General Information" view.  There is an option under 'Summary Information Stream" called "Require Administrative Privileges"  Change this to Yes.  This setting however has a default of yes so I am not sure why your resulting installation is not creating the services due to lack of access rights.