This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Edit control with 0 value

7 replies to this topic

tdgebbie27

tdgebbie27
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 February 2002 - 19:35

I am using 7.02 and every time I create an edit control it has a default value of 0 in it when I run the install, how can I have the edit control empty when I run the install.

JoeThompson

JoeThompson
  • Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 18 February 2002 - 03:03

Set the value to what you want it to be (in this case "") in the Property Manager in the IDE.

Joe

tdgebbie27

tdgebbie27
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 February 2002 - 00:06

I tried that and the edit control now has "" when I run the install. Any other ideas?

gunaveluj

gunaveluj
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 February 2002 - 17:11

Delete the property manually from the Property Manager checklist.

Gavin

Gavin
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 February 2002 - 19:37

I simply put a single blank space for the value in the property manager. It's a dirty workaround, but it's better than a "0" showing up in the control.  Also, you can't set a property to NULL or an empty string or it deletes the property.   :(

tdgebbie27

tdgebbie27
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 February 2002 - 20:18

thanks for the feedback, but the problem is that the edit boxes are password edit boxes so if I put a single space it shows up with a * in the edit box.

Gavin

Gavin
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 March 2002 - 04:17

I got it... I created an InstallScript CA that I put just before the InstallWelcome sequence. In the function, I make the call MsiSetProperty(hMSI, "STRING1", "") for each string that I want to zero out. It works perfectly.  I don't understand why InstallShield will not let you define zero-length strings, but this is a valid workaround.

processmate

processmate
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 April 2002 - 14:26

Hello,

I am really a novice....but this is what i did in the property manager where we define properties...

PROPERTYNAME  ***DO_NOT_BUILD***

***DO_NOT_BUILD***
does the trick....

Dont ask me how....but it works for me jolly well thank u very much

cheers