This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Conditional Setup Prerequisite always run on Vista

1 reply to this topic

LrngToFly

LrngToFly
  • Full Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 18:36

Hello-

I'm getting an install kit working on Windows Vista. It is now in Installshield 12 Basic MSI. It has several Setup Prerequisites that install on conditions- some if a file doesn't exist and two others if registry keys don't exist. (In otherwords, these don't install if they're already installed...) This works just fine in Windows XP. However in Windows Vista, the setup prerequisites always are in the list to be installed.

Unfortunately I cannot find anything in the log file that captures the pre-req installation process- it seems to start after they're installed.

This is quite a surprise- I assume I'm missing something obvious, but I've looked at it for quite a while. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks! AL

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 13:19

Try monitoring your install with ProcessMonitor from SysInternals. Maybe there's a permission problem reading the registry entries.