This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Dialog Bitmap

2 replies to this topic

CGreg

CGreg
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 February 2002 - 23:11

Hey guys/gals, I'm trying to change the ugly blue bitmap that appears on the left-hand side of many of the dialogs in Installshield's Developer 7.0.  I went into the direct editor and discovered that the bitmap is stored in a binary table entry called NewBinary2.  I replaced the existing binary data with the bitmap I created and I rebuilt the project.  However, the bitmap hasn't changed, it's still the same.  I opened up the resource file, _ISUser1033.rc, with Visual C and the dialog is correctly changed with my new bitmap.  It's almost as if the install isn't using the update resource file.  Does anyone know what I need to do to change the background bitmap?  Thank you.  

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 01 March 2002 - 08:38

Make sure you uninstalled the previous version, and you new build has a unique package code.

CGreg

CGreg
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 March 2002 - 14:10

Thanks for your suggestion Stefan, unfortunately, I've tried this before.  I reimage the machine I install on after every installation, thus, the previous version is way gone.  What's more, I 've tried changing every Guid in the project.  Thanks for your reply! :)